Section 19 Flood Investigations
Reports for the BCP Area
Section 19 flood investigations
As the lead local flood authority (LLFA) for the Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole areas, we have a statutory duty to publish reports of investigations of flood incidents, as detailed within section 19 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010.
A section 19 flood investigation report is a public statement of the circumstances of a flood event. When investigating a flood we will publish a report of the findings, if:
- the flooding causes internal flooding to 5 or more properties
- critical infrastructure assets in a localised area have been affected
- there are 2 or more sources of floodwater involved
- the source of flood water is unclear and there is public interest to explain why a flood event occurred
- we decide that a report of a flood event is needed.
We cannot enforce others to undertake flood defence works to manage flood risk.