Convent Walk repairs at Riverside (Mill Stream), Christchurch
Nearby tree roots had caused damage to a 24 metre long section of pathway and riverside wall.
The works involved:
- Working with a BCP arboriculturist to assist with root cutting and tree works
- Recovering displaced stones from the Millstream, replacing missing stones and repointing
- New tarmac on this section of pathway
Inner harbour wall repairs at Mudeford Quay
Repairs to a section of the inner harbour wall (see map) where several coping stones had become dislodged and fallen into the harbourside.
The works were carried out between 14th – 31st March and involved:
- Cleaning the wall and recovering coping stones from the water
- Re-bedding the top course of copings
- Rebuilding a 10 to 20m section of wall
- Re-pointing along the length of wall (approx. 80m)
- Recover and refit displaced rock armour adjacent to the footbridge
Groyne Marker reinstallations at Highcliffe, Friars Cliff and Mudeford Sandbank
Our contractor, JT Mackley, re-installed several groyne markers (Aids to Navigation) in Christchurch Bay which were leaning or had failed following the recent storms.
(Highcliffe x 1, Friars Cliff x 1 and Mudeford Sandbank x 6)
Works were carried out 29th March – 1st April 2022.